Rescue Horses

For my birthday this year I was in Florida. But I couldn't imagine spending the day without at least seeing some horses. So I found a family friendly trail ride. The whole family tagged along, including my little brother, who is autistic, and we all had a fantastic time. The place I found for us is to ride was horse rescue. And all the money they collect goes back into the care of the animals. I thought it was a great sentiment. The trail ride was beautiful. They took us through trees, around the lake, along the swamp, and down some trails. I saw plenty of volunteers and the horses seemed very content. 

For those that are interested, it's called DreamCatcher Horse Ranch and Rescue in Clermont, Florida. 
This is Faith. I rode her during the trail ride. She was fun. She had a peppy step and leg yielded great. She is 17 and has lived at the rescue for a few years. She came from a neglect situation in which she was alone (no human or animal contact) for years. She was nearly feral when the rescue obtained her.






This is Deco. He is 24 years old. He is one of the guide horses. He was a hunter jumper but he sustained an injury and was abandoned. 



Molly, a mule, was stranded by Hurricane Harvey and is recovering from severe rain rot. 

Comments